Inspector/owner Mark D. Johns has over 35 years experience in the residential and commercial building industries.
Having performed over 4,000 inspections since founding American Home Inspections, Inc., in 1996, he brings a wealth of experience to protect your interest in the purchase of your new home or business.
Buying a home or business is probably the largest, single investment you will ever make. Hiring an experienced professional to educate you on the condition of the property you seek is the smartest way to spend your hard earned dollars.
You will be provided with a comprehensive 9 page check list report on site or an email version of the report that includes conditions and life expectancies of major components. Estimates of repairs on deteriorated items and maintenance tips are included. This reporting system combined with the inspector’s knowledge provides an excellent education for the real estate purchaser.
This process takes about 2 1/2 – 3 hours from start to finish. All inspections are performed to the professional standards and ethics of the America Society of Home Inspectors (www.ashi.com).
We provide all services for a 30 mile radius from Kalamazoo for no additional charge.
* Note: Arrangements for further distances can be made at additional cost for milage.
- Residential Properties
- Commercial Properties (apartments, duplexes, office buildings, storage facilities, etc. – Call with description for pricing)
- New Construction
- Partial Inspections: Roofs, plumbing, electrical, structural
- Environmental testing
- FHA, VHA, MSDHA and all governmental loans
- We specialize in forclosed properties for investment minded buyer
- Carbon Monoxide (CO)
- Indoor Air Quality
- Lead in Water
- Lead in Paint
- NEHA Certified Radon Testing (48 hour test with instantaneous results)
American Home Inspection charges by the square footage of the home. Additional cost for environmental testing such as radon, lead, asbestos or mold. As lower Michigan is in the EPA’s Zone 1 for high radon levels in homes, AHI strongly suggests home buyers test homes pre-purchase to protect themselves from costly mitigation when they sell the house in the future.